Last updated: 25 July 2018
At Pelham House we take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal data. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11333083 and have our registered office at Suite 2a, Rossett Business Village, Rossett, Wrexham, LL12 0AY.
This privacy statement (together with the terms and conditions describes how we collect, use, protect and share personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us when you use our website (http://www.pelhamhouse.com/) (the “Website”), and otherwise interact with us.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is Pelham House Lewes Ltd. However, the Website is managed by Country House Wedding Venues Limited (“CHWV”), and any personal information that you submit via the Website or which is otherwise collected via the Website will be processed by CHWV, and CHWV will also be a data controller in respect of that information. If you engage The Galloping Gourmet (Coulsdon) Ltd (“GG”) in relation to event services such as catering, GG will be a data controller in respect of the information they process. GG and CHWV are both part of the Artemis Group of companies.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND OUR SOURCES OF THAT DATA (INCLUDING WEDDING GUEST DATA)
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following personal data about you:
- Data you give us
- when you visit our venues;
- when you make an enquiry or a booking in person, on the Website, by phone or when visiting our venue;
- when you inform us of any dietary requirements you may have (for example, allergies or food intolerances);
- when you register for an account on the Website;
- by filling in a form on the Website;
- when you use the Website;
- when entering into a prize draw or competition;
- if you ask us to provide you with marketing communications such as newsletters or updates, or information about special events or promotions;
- if you ask us to keep in touch with you;
- if you ask us to provide you with personalized content such as targeted advertising;
- if you contact us or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) for any reason, for example, when making an enquiry about our venue; or
- when you provide us with comments, opinions and/or feedback about our venue, our food and our service.
- Data we collect about you when you visit or use our Website
- technical information, including the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access the Website, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device, your device and component serial numbers, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug in types and versions, operating systems, mobile network information and platform and details of any referring website or application; and
- information about your visit to the Website including full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response time, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Data CHWV collects about you. Any information you provide to CHWV directly may be shared with us for the purpose of the planning and arrangement of your wedding (for example, to share important details about your wedding plans).
- Data we collect from or are provided with by third parties. We may be given information about you from third parties, such as third-party websites who advertise our services, third party suppliers for your wedding, social media platforms or anyone making a reservation on your behalf to attend one of our venues. This also includes data relating to wedding guests, on which we have provided more detail below.
- Data relating to wedding guests. Where we are hosting a wedding, we will be liaising with our client. Our client may give us information relating to wedding guests to help plan and manage the day. This could include accessibility information, as well as dietary information. We process this information only at the request of our client. In collecting wedding guest information and providing it to us, our client will be the data controller and we will be the data processor, as will CHWV and any catering company, when using this data to plan and manage our client’s wedding.
- Publicly available data. We may also collect information that is publicly available. For example, we may collect information about you when you interact with us through social media.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We will use the personal data held about you for the purposes stated below:
|Purpose of Processing||Type of personal data||Legal basis for processing|
|To process any visits or bookings for weddings where you are our client||Your name, postal address, email address, mobile number, any other contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide) and your reservation details including any wedding plans you may wish to tell us about||Performance of a contract and consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements of yours)|
|To process any visits or bookings for weddings provided by our client to us in respect of our client’s guests||Your name, contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide)||We process this data as a processor on behalf of our client, who is the data controller. The legal basis that will apply is legitimate interests of our client in allowing them to organize their wedding and provide for you as a guest to attend, as well as consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements) .This consent will be obtained directly from you by our client and as a processor, we rely on our client having obtained your consent to disclose this information to us|
|To process any payments you make||Your name, bank details, credit card and/or debit card details||Performance of a contract|
|To manage our relationship with you, including:
||Your name, information about the issue raised, phone number and email address (if applicable)||Legitimate interest – to allow us to improve our overall customer experience|
|To process your registration to use our Website||Your username, email address, password and any other contact information||Performance of a contract|
|To send you our newsletter or update and to keep in touch with you||Your name and email address||Consent|
|To process your enquiry to visit our venue in advance of your wedding day||Your name and contact details||Legitimate interest – to allow you to visit our venue, as requested by you|
|To tell you about our venue, where you have made an enquiry about our venue||Your name and contact details||Legitimate interest – to provide you with information about our venue, as requested by you|
|To inform you and to make suggestions and recommendations about our venue, services, products, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To inform you and to make suggestions and recommendations about CHWV’s venues, services, products, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications, where requested by you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To share your details with CHWV for the purpose of enabling CHWV to provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications, where requested by you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To share your details with any catering company for the purpose of enabling them to provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications, where requested by you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or survey||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide personalized online content to you (via the Website, social media platforms and our online partners)||The technical information mentioned above, your name and Contact details||Consent|
|To enable us to keep the Website safe and secure||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve and ensure the safety of the Website|
|To compile reports (which do not personally identify you) about the use of the Website||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To ensure that the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To deliver relevant online content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To better understand our customers||The technical information mentioned above, location data and information about product choices etc||Legitimate interest – to allow us to prepare statistical information to be used internally to better understand our customers, but also to understand the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising|
|To enable us to share your personal data with CHWV and any catering company you choose to use||Your name, email address, your partner’s name and any other relevant details of your wedding plans||Performance of a contract and legitimate interest to allow us to plan and manage your wedding|
|Cookie||Why we use it||Opt out infiormation|
|Google analytics||This cookie enables us to collect statistical information about how our visitors use our website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors and otherwise analyse user behaviour and retargeting.||https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Facebook pixel||For targeting.||https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217|
|VWO||To test two versions of a web page or app and compare their performance, in order to check design tweaks and improve conversion rates.||https://vwo.com/opt-out/|
By clicking “agree” on the cookie consent box when you first access the Website and by continuing to access and use the Website you accept our use of the cookies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This privacy statement is in effect as of the date noted at the top of the statement. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. If we do, we will post the revised version here and change the “last updated date” (the date it applies from) at the top of the statement. You should check here regularly for the most up-to-date version of the statement. Continued use of the Website will signify that you agree to such changes, however, if we need to seek updated, additional or different consents from you, we will, of course, do so.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding our privacy statement are welcome and should be addressed to:
Pelham House Lewes Ltd
St Andrews Lane
Please also contact us if you would like to know more about our data processing activities, to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.